12 Unit Cohousing - Too Small?
From: Ruth Hirsch (heidinysearthlink.net)
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2020 04:22:25 -0700 (PDT)
Hi, Scott,

I see you have already received a number of responses from similarly sized
communities.
Here at Cantines Island, in Saugerties,  we built with twelve households— and
it took a lot of time and work to get twelve at that time.  Eventually the
small adjacent piece of land went into foreclosure.  It included our parking
lot— one of our wonderful neighbors, an attorney made sure had a very long (
?50? year) lease on the parking lot— but the foreclosure negated that.  So we
bought that and added houses on that adjacent property.   And a neighbor
already here bought the other adjacent property with a house and room for  two
more— and now we are at 19 households.
But those beyond the initial twelve were not initially anticipated.