Fees for common space usage
From: David Bygott (davidbygottyahoo.com)
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 06:50:14 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Allison,
Here is what we do at Milagro Cohousing:
>> On Sep 16, 2020, at 4:17 PM, Allison Tom <allisonrtom [at] gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> As we begin planning for our move in (May 2021, fingers crossed), members
>> of my Cohousing community in North Vancouver are having discussions and
>> disagreements about fees in the following circumstances.  I'd really
>> appreciate hearing back from anyone who is willing to share information!
>>
>> How much, if anything, do you charge members or members' guests per night
>> in the common guest room?
We have no guest room
>> How much, if anything, do you charge members who use common spaces for work
>> or income earning meetings?
No charge, but this situation rarely arises.
>> How much, if anything, do you charge members who want to use the common
>> house or other common areas to host a private social event (e.g., a family
>> birthday party to which other cohousers are not invited)?
No charge
>> How much, if anything, do you charge members for use of the common shop
>> space?
No charge. Consumable supplies mostly covered by dues.
>> How much, if anything, do you charge other Cohousing groups in the planning
>> stages to use the common house or common spaces for hosting meetings and
>> information sessions?
No charge
>> Any other information you might think of to share that I missed?
If outside groups want to use common space for a meeting, eg environmental or
political groups whose values are compatible with ours, we might ask for a
donation but I think there is no set charge.
David Bygott
Milagro Cohousing, Tucson AZ