Re: Renting to Outside Groups and Fees for common space usage
From: Allison Tom (allisonrtomgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 12:08:00 -0700 (PDT)
I am really appreciating all of the responses pouring in at this point
about philosophies of charging and not charging for using common spaces.

It has become obvious to me that I succeeded far too well in phrasing my
questions to hide my bias!  I am deeply against the charges some in my
community are in favour of. I'm dismayed by the idea of charging to use
common spaces after we've spent years saying "you don't need as much
private space because you will have this lovely common space to use."  The
PS "we're going to charge you for it" feels awful to me - like unfair
regressive taxation and like a profound bait & switch.  I'm also dismayed
by the likelihood that we will have a high degree of unused common spaces.

So thank you to everyone who is so emphatically telling me the problems
with charging for common space use!

Allison