Re: Common house cooktop: induction vs. gas
From: Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2020 07:58:13 -0700 (PDT)
For common house use, I aim to choose things that are "idiot proof". There will
always be some users who are less savvy than others. Induction-- if I remember
right-- only works with pans made of certain metals. Potluck items, for
example, could need warming on the stove and might be in the wrong sort of pan.

For 20 years we've had good service from our Dacor gas range. The six burners
are all on a level, so any size pot works, too. It's heavy duty, but not in the
commercial category that kicks in fire-suppression requirements.

Maraiah Lynn Nadeau
RoseWind Cohousing, Port Townsend WA
www.rosewind.org