Re: Common house cooktop: induction vs. gas
From: PatZy (pzboomaol.com)
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2020 09:13:21 -0700 (PDT)
> I’ve used both extensively and much prefer induction.

Pros
Safety, there will be no gas leaks or gas left on, turns itself off if there is
no pot on it and there is no open flame.
Renewable resource.
Extremely fast/responsive - more so than gas in my opinion.
Easier to control than gas at very low levels.
Far easier to clean.

Cons
Pots must be magnetic, donated pots may not work.
Costs more.
Glass may scratch or break (we don’t shake sauté pans on ours, haven’t had one
break).

There may be more pros/cons but these come easily to mind.

PatZy Boomer
Mountain View Cohousing Community
(Where we didn’t know enough about induction when specifying to give it much
consideration - I wish we had)