Re: Modular Cohousing?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2020 11:59:05 -0700 (PDT)
> On Oct 7, 2020, at 2:43 PM, Ruth Hirsch <heidinys [at] earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> We did build our initial twelve homes with Westchester Modular, a high end
> modular company.  We didn’t save a ton of money exactly,  we did have great
> efficiency of time and predictability of homes being delivered:  a great
> factor.
> And knowing that modular tends to be efficient, less wasteful.

After move-in were there lots of corrections/fixes?

Our new construction did — plumbing, electrical, concrete sealing, etc. We are
still discovering things.

Were the modular homes really ready to move in once attached to utilities?

Modular home companies are doing very interesting things — like shipping flat
to be assembled by local contractors complete with appliances, surface
finishing, etc. Fabulous Factories if this is still available in your area or
in your library has an episode on a factory that floats and can be moved to the
area where the homes are to be built. Easier to move the factory than ship the
completed houses.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines