Modular homes
From: Ruth Hirsch (heidinysearthlink.net)
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2020 07:36:34 -0700 (PDT)
The idea of a floating factory is intriguing.

We did do finish work, including siding on-site— our preference.   Most of us
did our own kitchen appliances and cabinets:  various of us found better deals
on better cabinets either used or from a place that sold cabinet orders that
went awry one way or another.    Some had factory installed appliances and
kitchen/bath cabinets.
We did not have problems with the modular folks, as I recall,  tho adjacent
homes sharing a wall had too much sound transmission.

PS:  I have an intermittent e-mail glitch.  If you write and do not hear back
from me shortly, please call me or please re-send.  Thank you.  Ruth