Will You Be My New Neighbor?
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2020 23:12:59 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all —

The Resale & Rental POD (team) at Takoma Village Cohousing in Washington, DC is
helping another neighbor undertake a For Sale By Owner (FSBO) sale of their
home.  We are sad to see this neighbor leave
our community.

But … this is now an opportunity for other folks to join our neighborhood.
It’s even nicer than Mr. Rogers’s …

You can own this home in our close-knit multigenerational community where
neighbors know and look out for each other.  When we’re not quarantined we eat
together a lot, we work together to maintain our nest, and, we play together.
Now, still under some strict quarantine directives from The Mayor,  we honor
and show respect for each other by wearing masks indoors and outdoors (with
some specified exceptions), physically keeping our distance from each other and
continuing carrying on our business via zoom.  We’ve even figured out how to
have our outdoor Work Days work within the confinements of this pandemic.  It’s
been a challenge but we/ve done it.

Open House Saturday, October 24, 2020. Masks and physical distancing required
on site.

1BR / 1BA flat.
$348,000

Detailed sales flyer and floor plan as well as our Guide for Prospective
Residents at this URL:

https://www.takomavillage.org/Page/39042~1039777/Sales-and-Rentals
<https://www.takomavillage.org/Page/39042~1039777/Sales-and-Rentals>

To provide safety for all parties concerned, the home will be shown BY
APPOINTMENT ONLY.   Please CONTACT THE SELLER DIRECTLY to schedule a time to
see the home. Please don’t contact me — that will only slow down getting in
touch w/ the correct person.   If you are from out of town please contact the
seller to arrange another showing:

Jennifer Hammock
jen.hammock [at] gmail.com <mailto:jen.hammock [at] gmail.com>

On our website we have a lot of information about what it’s like to live at
Takoma Village.  All of our governing documents are on the website for you to
peruse in advance of making a decision about living here.  We also have a good
deal of material informing prospective buyers on how to buy a FSBO home.
Please take advantage of the information we have provided.

http://www.takomavillage.org <http://www.takomavillage.org/>

So.  Will you be my new neighbor?

Best

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC
Member, Board of Directors
Mid Atlantic Cohousing
Principal, Cohousing Collaborative, LLC
Falls Church, VA
202.546.4654

It may be that when we no longer know what to do,
we have come to our real work
and when we no longer know which way to go,
we have begun our real journey.
The mind that is not baffled is not employed.
The impeded stream is the one that sings.

–Wendell Berry, “Our Real Work”

NOTE: Please add my new email address to your CONTACTS list.   I’m
transitioning to this new email address.  Please start using annzabaldo [at]
me.com <mailto:annzabaldo [at] me.com>

Learn more about cohousing and our community at www.TakomaVillage.org
<http://www.takomavillage.org/>

Buyers with brokers/agents are welcome but will be responsible for any related
costs or fees.

Questions? Contact: Jennifer Hammock jen.hammock [at] gmail.com
<mailto:jen.hammock [at] gmail.com>