Re: what I wish I knew before move in
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 18:24:32 -0700 (PDT)
> On Oct 12, 2020, at 8:17 PM, T G <triciamill9 [at] gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> More people should be this honest. I see a lot of promotions for new
>> communities trying to sell this as utopia. I saw one ad today comparing
>> their community to the "Imagine" song by John Lenon.....Yes, there are some
>> great features but don't try to say it is more than it is.

Sociocracy has a tier of planning:

Wishes/Dreams
Mission
Aims
Work plan

The mission is making the dreams take a form or direction

The aim is tangible — you can see it and measure it. You know when you have
achieved it.

The work plan is how you can accomplish the mission.

The dreams are important for inspiration. Not good to skip over them — you will
always need them. The mission brings it down to a specific purpose — a home
with friends next door. Then the aim is to develop and build the community.

Then you plan the work. What has to happen first, or what cluster if things
need to happen first. Then what?

But without the dream, you don’t have anything to lift your spirits when things
get tough. It’s what reminds you that when you are up to your ass in
alligators, your initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Sharon
———
Sharon Villines
http://sustainablecohousing.org
sustainablecohousing [at] groups.io
To subscribe:
sustainablecohousing+subscribe [at] groups.io