query about photovoltaics (solar panels)
From: Lisa Wolf (tigerlisagmail.com)
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 19:34:53 -0700 (PDT)
I'm Lisa Wolf, a member of Bay State Commons Cohousing, which is in the
process of constructing our new home in Malden, MA. The Eco Committee is
currently discussing how to make photovoltaics (hereinafter referred to as
solar panels) happen. We decided to ask other cohousing communities that
have installed solar panels for electricity about their experiences and
results.

Our questions are as follows:
• Are you getting the expected amount of energy from the panels you have
installed?

• How did you raise the money to get the panels? If it was from individuals
and not the group as a whole, did those people who were willing and able to
invest in solar get any kind of financial, or other, reward (e.g. a fee
reduction)?

• Were you happy with your installer? Any recommendations (or warnings)?
(This question may turn out to be useful for other cohos in your region.)

And, I always like to add,
• What question(s) didn't I ask you here, but should have? (and what are
your answers?)

Thank you in advance for your help and time!

Lisa
Bay State Commons Cohousing
Malden, MA