Re: query about photovoltaics (solar panels)
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 08:36:52 -0700 (PDT)
I can answer one of your questions:

"How did you raise the money to get the panels? If it was from individuals
and not the group as a whole, did those people who were willing and able to
invest in solar get any kind of financial, or other, reward (e.g. a fee
reduction)?"

We paid for some of it out of our reserves and some of it we got as a loan
from one of our members. We are paying back the loan with interest,
although getting the interest was not his key motive in lending us the
money - he just wanted to help out.

This worked for us because we've been going for awhile and have been doing
a good job funding our reserves.

Diana
Mosaic Commons, Berlin, MA

PS: Hi, Lisa! I remember you from your early involvement in Mosaic. Glad to
see Bay Path coming along.