[Online Event Today] Oct 14 :: 4 PM-6 PM Eastern :: Dealing with Classism & Economic Inequality in Community
From: Neil Planchon (neilswansway.com)
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 09:37:00 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings everyone…

Sincere apologies for eleventh hour notification/reminder.

Foundation for Intentional Community (FIC) presents….

Event: Dealing with Classism & Economic Inequality in Community
When: October 14 @ 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM EDT
Where: Virtual Conference (Zoom!)
Price: $10 - $45

Class dynamics are as sticky and historically challenging as race and gender
dynamics, but there are fewer resources out there for individuals and groups
who want to work on them. During this two-hour workshop for community starters
and residents, we will take a deep dive into class dynamics that impact the
creation of sustainable intentional communities. Economic relationships and
systems can be one of the toughest nuts for communities to crack.

This workshop offers a non-judgemental environment to explore questions of
economics and class and how they relate to our efforts to build community, and
a sustainable, resilient world. We will also talk about the importance and
challenges of cross-class cooperation in getting your community landed and
further developed. Find out more and register here
https://www.ic.org/event/classism/

In case you cannot make the live event, sign up and you’ll receive the
recording!

Cordially,
Neil

Coho/US. Events team volunteer
Steering Committee. Cohousing Research Network
Co-Director. Foundation for Intentional Community (FIC)
Co-Developer and Founding Owner. Swan’s Market Cohousing