Re: Hiring outside facilitators/professionals
From: Muriel Kranowski (murielkvt.edu)
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 11:57:48 -0700 (PDT)
In theory, our communities should all be building, or have already built,
the capacity to handle these internally. In the real world we may fall
short and we may decide that whatever the conflict is, we can't manage it
without calling in a friendly but dispassionate outside person.

Hopefully you learn from one or two such episodes - I mean, it's expensive!
and how often can you corral most of your members to devote an entire
weekend to a crisis? And how many crises like that can you live through and
stay viable as a community? So obviously a community needs to prepare
itself to handle these things internally, preferably before an issue
becomes a crisis or an intractable aggravation.