Question about accepted norms in the common space
From: Ruby Reay (rurubuxhotmail.com)
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 13:35:21 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

I hope it's ok to ask the following in this forum. I live in a rather compact
senior coho. I am curious if other similarly structured cohos have agreements
or accepted norms regarding behaviors that contribute to noise and smells. In a
large part of our building, the units face each other, 3 floors worth, and are
25 feet across, with over hangs. It's a bit of a "canyon" where we have a lot
of reflected noise and smells. While this provides us with a lot of engagement
due to our proximity, the other characteristic of this closeness is when a
resident opens their door, for example, their activity permeates the common
space and often the interior of the nearby units. Things like garlic, onions,
fish, zoom calls, tvs on loud, long phone calls--you get the idea--are
unintentionally shared. I am curious if others have similar issues and how they
have dealt with them.

Thank you,

Ruby Reay
Phoenix Commons