Re: Question about accepted norms in the common space
From: Allison Tom (allisonrtomgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 14:06:00 -0700 (PDT)
It would be really problematic for adherence to stated dietary needs to be
more or less stringent depending on a cook's evaluation of the legitimacy
of that need. (I've  met people who "don't believe in" allergies!)

And, as Liz says, having to provide a medical explanation is invasive - and
actually counter to the spirit of accommodation of disability.

Letting people know about the ingredients of meals, especially those that
have been identified as problematic, seems to me to be essential to
inclusivity.

Allison Tom