Re: Question about accepted norms in the common space - follow-up Q
From: R Philip Dowds (rphilipdowdsme.com)
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2020 06:04:43 -0700 (PDT)
I think you’re probably looking for recipes, and recipe groups, that are
ingredient-flexible in the late stages of cooking and serving.  For instance …

Asian stir-fry often relies heavily on sauces and vegetable ingredients that
can work as vegan.  Even so, you can cook up the protein alternatives
independently — e.g., shrimp or tofu — and let the customers choose separately
when they make up their plates.  Stir-fry typically goes over rice, so no
glutens.  Watch out for nuts; they, too, can be an option on side, at the table.

Another approach is pasta in home-made red sauce.  Late in the game, it’s easy
to add mushrooms and olives to one pot, and cooked hamburger to the other.
Cheese is on the side, at the table.  Nor is it all that hard to make a pot of
regular pasta, and a pot of rice (gluten-free) pasta; the rice pasta is a
little trickier to cook, but not impossible.

You should eventually end up with a binder of popular recipes and instructions
that almost anyone can follow.  But stay away from beef bourguignon.  I know of
no way to make this one satisfy the vegans and the teetotalers.

Thanks,
Philip Dowds
Cornerstone Village Cohousing
Cambridge, MA