Meals [was Question about accepted norms in the common space - follow-up Q
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2020 08:49:18 -0700 (PDT)
> On Oct 24, 2020, at 9:04 AM, R Philip Dowds via Cohousing-L <cohousing-l [at]
> cohousing.org> wrote:

> Another approach is pasta in home-made red sauce.  Late in the game, it’s
> easy to add mushrooms and olives to one pot, and cooked hamburger to the
> other.  Cheese is on the side, at the table.  Nor is it all that hard to make
> a pot of regular pasta, and a pot of rice (gluten-free) pasta; the rice pasta
> is a little trickier to cook, but not impossible.

I’m not a big CH kitchen cooker (or eater) but one option I think about doing
is baked potatoes with counter full of dishes of toppings like the frozen
yogurt places.

When I ordered pizza for everyone on Fridays, I discovered that Vegan pizza is
very good and was welcomed by almost everyone. The trick is to use a lot of
toppings. Our delivery pizza places usually have something like a “Vegetarian
Feast” that has 4-5+ toppings. Just order minus the cheese and it is delicious.

Not an uncommon comment was: “This is how my doctor says I should eat and I
just had no idea how to do it and still like the food. And not have to cook it
myself.”

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Historic Takoma Park, Washington DC
Where all roads lead to Casablanca