Budget, Socials, & Work
From: Karen Gimnig (karencohousgmail.com)
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 11:26:12 -0700 (PDT)
We're going to learn so much together next Saturday!
Join us for 12 great sessions (including those below) and an amazing
keynote with Rob Peck.

It's not too late to sign up for a community coupon code - a great deal and
it encourages your neighbors to participate!

Registration:
https://cohousingassociationoftheunite.regfox.com/ss2020-nuts-and-bolts-of-community

Community Coupon Code: email Karin at karincohous [at] gmail.com

More information: https://www.cohousing.org/2020-nuts/

Balanced Budget Secret Weapon

Mac Thomson

After decades of doing this, Heartwood Cohousing has a pretty successful
annual budgeting process in place and a secret weapon for arriving at a
balanced budget that they’ll share with you. It will be similar to what I
presented in my webchat (#34) with some improvements – hopefully. [image:
🙂]

Social Teams: before and after Covid

Lydia Thrasher & Vlad Barash

Bay State Commons

How do you manage the social life of your community, especially if your
community doesn’t share a living space yet? Bay State Commons will share
their approach to socializing – how we inspire our members (and prospective
members!) to have fun together and get to know each other better. We’ll
discuss BSC’s system for planning and hosting social events, including:
scheduling, assigning teams, budgeting, how the system’s evolved as our
community has grown, examples of past event ideas, and most importantly,
the challenges and achievements of staying connected in the age of
quarantine.

Getting the Work Done

Laura Fitch

How do you get all your community work done? Each cohousing group needs to
decide what tasks to include in community work, what system to use to
connect each member with their tasks, how to organize meals work in
particular, and whether and how to enforce work agreements. In this
session, we will explore the “affinity work system” used at Pioneer Valley
Cohousing which has just celebrated its 25th year and is still going strong
thanks to a robust work system.
--
Karen Gimnig
Communications Director