[Online Event] Nov 5 :: 4 PM-6 PM Eastern :: Discernment as an Essential Skill for Community Living
From: Neil Planchon (neilswansway.com)
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2020 14:36:10 -0800 (PST)
Foundation for Intentional Community (FIC) presents….

Event: Discernment as an Essential Skill for Community Living
When: November 5 @ 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM EDT
Where: Virtual Conference (Zoom!)
Price: $10 - $48

The Power of Discernment – and why it’s hard.

Discernment is a neglected skill, often confused with judgment or being mean to
others. As we work with groups we are often asked questions about what they
should do and find ourselves answering, “could be a few different things.”
That’s because life is complex, and many lives coming together like they do in
groups, even more so. Firm answers of the “right way” and the “wrong way” are
rare in relationships, which is why we must become good at discerning the most
effective action given the current needs.

During this interactive workshop, co-authors of the newly released Cooperative
Culture Handbook, Yana Ludwig and Karen Gimnig, will unpack why we need to
develop our discernment skills to use for everything from membership processes
to clarifying and balancing values to decision-making. This session will also
include some exercises from the book and plenty of Q&A time.

Find out more and register here https://www.ic.org/event/discernment/
In case you cannot make the live event, you’ll still receive the session
recording!

And link to Cooperative Culture Handbook
https://www.ic.org/cooperative-culture/

Cordially,
Neil

Events team volunteer. Cohousing Association
Steering Committee. Cohousing Research Network
Co-Director. Foundation for Intentional Community
Co-Developer and Founding Owner. Swan’s Market Cohousing