[Online Event] Nov 18 :: 4 PM-6 PM Eastern :: Learning the Art of Listening – an undervalued game-changer!
From: Neil Planchon (neilswansway.com)
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2020 14:47:30 -0800 (PST)
Foundation for Intentional Community (FIC) presents….

Event: Learning the Art of Listening – an undervalued game-changer!
When: November 18 @ 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM EDT
Where: Virtual Conference (Zoom!)
Price: $10 - $48

“Being heard is so close to being loved, that for the average person, they are
almost indistinguishable.” – David Augsberger

Mainstream culture teaches us to be effective speakers. Listening, on the other
hand, is often presented as meaning roughly the same thing as “be quiet.”  The
result is that we come into our groups without the essential skill of deeply
hearing one another, and thus fall short of the level of belonging and
connection we crave.

This workshop will guide us through Key #1: Skillful Hearing from The
Cooperative Culture Handbook (co-authored by Karen Gimnig and Yana Ludwig).
Karen will present a structure for deep listening (Mirroring) that focuses our
attention and trains our brains to be present with one other. Participants will
practice the structure during the workshop. Karen will also give examples of
when and how to use it in meetings, for working through conflict, and in group
life. Bring your questions, we’ll make time for those too!

Register and learn more about Karen and Yana here
https://www.ic.org/event/listening/
In case you cannot make the live event, you’ll still receive the session
recording!

Link to Cooperative Culture Handbook https://www.ic.org/cooperative-culture/

Cordially,
Neil

Events team volunteer. Cohousing Association
Steering Committee. Cohousing Research Network
Co-Director. Foundation for Intentional Community
Co-Developer and Founding Owner. Swan’s Market Cohousing