Re: Resale of units
From: Barbara Baatz (beejay.baatzgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2020 15:30:06 -0800 (PST)
Dear Melinie,

I am not used to using a listserv and hope this reply makes it back to you.

I want to thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough response
to my query about the reselling of cohousing homes. Since the purpose of
cohousing is to build community, there can be much more at stake if someone
leaves. Further, it may be difficult to absorb a new member into a well
established community.

I am a teacher and I know how difficult it is to integrate a new child in
the middle of the school year into an established classroom after
friendships and bonds have already been established. I imagine that the
same might be true for a cohousing community.

I will pass your thoughts back to Village Hill Cohousing. By the way, what
cohousing community do you belong to? I'd like to mention it in my write-up.

Thanks,

Bee Jay