Re: contents of cohousing - non resident members
From: Mac Thomson (macthomsonme.com)
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 06:58:16 -0800 (PST)
This is a curious conversation to me. We make no effort to limit renters in
their participation in our community. In fact we welcome it and even require it
— that is, we require renters to become community members, just like we require
owners to become community members. What we don’t want is for people to be
living here who are not engaged in the community. Before we built Heartwood, we
toured other communities and saw that was a problem for some. They had renters
who were simply there for the convenience and not participating in the
community and that caused problems.

All members here, whether renters or owners, are treated equally. They can
participate in all decision making, are expected to complete the same work
expectations, and are welcome at all community functions.

For more info, check out our Membership agreement
<https://www.heartwoodcohousing.com/membership.html>.
https://www.heartwoodcohousing.com/membership.html

--
Mac Thomson

Heartwood Cohousing
Southwest Colorado
http://www.heartwoodcohousing.com

"A cult is a religion with no political power."
           - Tom Wolfe