Re: contents of cohousing - non resident members
From: R Philip Dowds (rphilipdowdsme.com)
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 15:31:57 -0800 (PST)
After a fashion:  To participate in a plenary decision-making or consensus, one
must be “in the room” and in the moment.  No mail-in objections, no votes by
proxy.  However, “in the room” includes remote video participation.  And we
recognize that an absentee owner can delegate the exercise of his/her rights to
someone bearing power of attorney.

We’ve also had situations where where a unit was owned by multiple independent
parties — some members, and some not.  But we never experienced conflicts or
controversies about who speaks for a unit.

Thanks,
Philip Dowds
Cornerstone Village Cohousing
Cambridge, MA