Re: Common House Kitchen Master List recommendations
From: Nancy Lowe (sciencecandancegmail.com)
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 09:00:17 -0800 (PST)
Hi Melinda,

Just a quick note re donated items. (Full disclosure, I'm a prospective
soon-to-be-explorer at Village Hill)

Lake Claire Cohousing in Atlanta used mostly donated items in the kitchen,
which was fine with two exceptions. Aluminum pots are possibly risky;
non-stick cookware is definitely risky. I'd invest in good quality
cookware. The thing about donated items in the common house is that folks
usually don't donate their nicer stuff, they tend to donate stuff they are
getting rid of, so you end up with a collection of so-so items. The plates
and glasses weren't a big deal, they just don't stack well and some were
kind of ugly, but they were functional.
---
Nancy Lowe
BrighterImpacts.com