Re: Unit selection before pricing
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 16:30:27 -0800 (PST)
At Takoma Village in DC  where I’m neighbors w/ Sharon Villines, we followed
the process Sharon described in her email.  But there was one step before the
order of draw got underway.  The Design Team organized the draw process (In
order of joining).  Before the draw they made sure every person w/ a disability
was in line to get the unit that worked for them. I cannot remember every
detail but It worked out perfectly.  One thing I remember is that although we
were certainly concerned about our individual units the DT kept our focus on
the overall project.

As Sharon noted, we did have people leave so the next in line could keep the
unit they had or opt for another one.  At the beginning of the draw I was # 12.
 By the time we were ready to move in I was #4 and got the exact unit I wanted.
 I would have been happy w/ any of the  other choices.  And, I’m grateful that
in the end I got the unit I’ve lived in for 20 years.

Twenty years.

That’s a lot of dust bunnies …

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC
Member, Board of Directors
Mid Atlantic Cohousing
Principal, Cohousing Collaborative, LLC
Falls Church, VA
202.546.4654

I’m going to stay up on New Year’s Eve this year.  Not to see the New Year in,
but to make sure this one leaves.  (A meme on the ’net)

NOTE: Please add my new email address to your CONTACTS list.   I’m
transitioning to this new email address.  Please start using annzabaldo [at]
me.com