Re: Common House Kitchen Master List recommendations
From: Elizabeth Magill (pastorlizmgmail.com)
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 09:30:22 -0800 (PST)
We had a restaurant nearby go out of business, and a school with a kitchen
go out of business.

Sadly, these are both likely things to be around you at this time. See if
you can find out where such things are announced so that you can get stuff.

>From the restaurant we ended up with dinner plates, lunch plates, dessert
plates, soup bowls, dessert bowls, all matching, stacking, plain white.
Heavy but handy. Plus flatware and chairs that we just started replacing 10
years later. Ugly orange, comfortable, stacking.

>From the school we got huge (maybe 14 or 18" diameter) frying pans, sauce
pans, lids, lots of half-sheet (that is, fills teh whole oven, 1" rim) pans
for all sorts of cooking. Also 18" metal spoons (slotted and not), ladles,
metal spatulas. And serving spoons.

>From community members we got kitchen knives, hot pads, crock pots (3 large
ones), rice cooker, instapot-type pressure cookers.

We bought measuring cups, table cloths, a nice mixer, other things that go
in the catch all flatware drawer.

Liz
Mosaic Commons Cohousing, Berlin, MA 34 households.