Re: [External] 30% of Income Cohousing [was Unit price and budget questions
From: Mac Thomson (macthomsonme.com)
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2020 08:26:41 -0800 (PST)
Earlier this year I gave a presentation called "Customization Kills” for the
Coho/US Affordable Conference on Affordable Cohousing
<https://www.cohousing.org/aconac-sessions/>. I believe you can still pay to
get access to those sessions.

My presentation was all about:
why to limit design choices
how to limit design choices
how to create design flexibility despite limited choices

At the end of the day, homebuyers can end up with well-built, gorgeous,
environmentally friendly, reasonably affordable, and individualized homes if
you strategically limit design choices and customizations.

--
Mac Thomson

Heartwood Cohousing
Southwest Colorado
http://www.heartwoodcohousing.com

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way,
when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."