Re: calculating dues
From: Elizabeth Magill (pastorlizmgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 10:22:17 -0800 (PST)
Yes. We have two dues--HOA which covers plowing and water and sewer and
insurance and is set at percentage interest each home has in the community.
(We are a condo.)
(The "affordable" homes in our community own a lower percentage interest.)

Then we have "Coho" dues that cover all the items that make us community.
Furniture replacement and washer/dryers and the bouncy house at memorial
day and sparkling cider for new years and the garden, the hot tub, most of
the landscaping. Lawn mowers.
Coho dues are sliding scale.
We make a budget, calculate the average, ask for pledges, ask again if we
don't have enough.
People are encouraged to consider how much they use common resources and
how much they can afford.
Minimum bid is 5% of the average.

For relative costs you should know that I'm in a middle sized home and HOA
dues are $500 or so, and the average Coho dues we are aiming for for 2021
$77.

So it doesn't *really* balance the costs, but it helps some.

Liz