Re: Moving back from concensus?
From: Muriel Kranowski (murielkvt.edu)
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 08:13:09 -0800 (PST)
Our community has always had a supermajority option in case of an
intractable block, and we confirmed that we wanted this 1.5 years ago when
we updated that part of our Bylaws. We had had some blocks over the
previous couple of years, and we wanted to make that process work better
but still give the blocking party a full hearing. We have this option
because one of the founding members -- a somewhat cynical economist --
insisted on it. In my 20 years with this community, I've been grateful to
him several times.
    Muriel at Shadowlake Village Cohousing