Re: Moving Back from Consensus
From: Lauren Lake (laurenlake161gmail.com)
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 08:34:18 -0800 (PST)
Hi Lyn,

I’ve been involved in a forming group that used consensus and an established
group that uses sociocracy. Both work, but I have to say I like the concept of
“consent” in sociocracy. It places realistic limits on when you can object to a
decision.

There are communities out there that switched from consensus to sociocracy,
maybe one of them could weigh in. Also, check out this webinar:
https://www.sociocracyforall.org/consensus-to-sociocracy/.

Lauren Lake
Green Grove Cohousing

Hi Everyone,

I would like to hear from Co-Housing communities that have in any way moved
back from Consensus. Did you adopt a Hybrid Consensus (move to a supermajority
vote for example) or even abandoning it all together for a more traditional
majority vote?

If you wish to reply privately, understood: lynpeachtree [at] hotmail.com

Thanks so much for any sharing you can do!

Lyn Deardorff

Sand River Co-Housing

Lauren