Re: Cohousing-L Digest, Vol 203, Issue 10
From: Melanie G (gomelaniegogmail.com)
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 15:59:57 -0800 (PST)
Sharon, my heart sings when I read you description of consensus.  I highly
resonate with this description.  And especially where you explain about the
word "consent", and the word "block".  I have not lived in community just
yet, but I was part of occupy, and learned about consensus there.  I tried
really hard to bring in trainers and books about consensus once I
understood the spirit of it.  Sadly, there was not enough cohesion there
for it to really take hold.  But it sure was enough to spread it into more
of the mainstream.

I become very sad and wistful when I see people use the word "consent" as
though it is distinct from consensus.  Thank you for this beautiful
explanation.  I have a feeling I will be coming back to it, especially for
your short list of criteria.

Philip, I wonder if this was a typo: "even after an arduous good-father
effort"

I was so stuck when I read that sentence.  Did you mean to say "good faith"?

thank you all for this conversation,
melanie (still seeking and discerning)

--
Social connecting is key during this temporary period of physical
distancing.