Re: Moving Back from Consensus
From: R Philip Dowds (rphilipdowdsme.com)
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 10:53:50 -0800 (PST)
I guess I have a different picture of the situation:  For me, *sociocracy* is a
particular *structure* of inter-related circles and roles having group-assigned
duties and delegated powers, and populated by democratically selected
individuals.  “Consensus* is a formal decision-making *process* adaptable to
any circle, but probably most useful and necessary at the plenary level.  In
theory, the Department of Agriculture structure could make decisions by the
consensus process, and sociocratic circles could choose to make decisions by
simple majority vote, or even by asking the magic 8-ball.

Thanks,
RPD