Re: Self-developing cohousing vs. working with a developer
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 11:53:25 -0800 (PST)
> On Dec 16, 2020, at 2:41 PM, Alice Alexander <aliceanne4 [at] gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Great advice from Sharon!

Thank you, Alice. I will also add that in the 1990s conventional developers
would not work with cohousing groups and there were few cohousing professionals
(I think just Katie and Chuck) so they took much longer to complete.

The most sensational story came for a community that took 10 years of mistakes
and tens of thousands in lost money before they could move in. When they
finally moved in, only one member of the original group was still there.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC