Re: Cohousing-L Digest, Vol 203, Issue 16
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 06:47:02 -0800 (PST)
> On Dec 16, 2020, at 8:04 AM, Philip Dowds <rphilipdowds [at] gmail.com> wrote:

> I’m not sure I can picture how a substantive debate about dealing with
> “sexism” did not promptly reveal and highlight these two wildly contrasting
> views about the meaning of the word “sexism”.  Did this controversy endure
> for weeks?  Or, half a meeting?

In bits and pieces over a 3-4 conversations. Not necessarily in meetings. One
reason for the confusion is that in the early 1970s the distinctions about all
the sex related variations were not so clear as they are today. All the
references for “sexualization” in Wikipedia, for example, are from the 2000s.
All my links to word counters are broken.

In the 1970s we were still arguing over whether sexism existed or whether it
was just a product of true nature. Although I do remember a discussion in the
1990s on Cohousing-L on polyandry in cohousing. Particularly in the common
house.

Sharon
———
Sharon Villines