NVC and privilege
From: CJ Q (homeschoolvideogmail.com)
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2021 04:23:46 -0800 (PST)
I was intrigued about the question on NVC and POC.  That is what I was
asking the other day about "strong emotions". It seems slanted to one
culture  - one of quiet and keep it all in type of culture. Not expressive
like most, not all, Mediteranean and Latino cultures.

I did a google search to see what people are saying about NVC and found the
article below.  Going along with Sharon's post about people being "nice" I
found this quote from the article: (not sure if it goes with what you were
saying about heated arguments but made me think of it):

"It gives the oppressor the tools to appear more loving, kind, and thus
morally superior, while not having to do any work on the actions that
*precedes* language."

Check out the article. It has an interesting quote from Malcolm X too.

https://www.collectivelyfree.org/nonviolent-communication-privileged/

To a world without violence,
Carol
Emerson Commons homeowner