Re: Cohousing traffic studies - Nyland
From: Dick Margulis (dickdmargulis.com)
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2021 06:25:58 -0800 (PST)
When we went through the zoning process, we were required to submit a traffic study of the kind you describe. It had to be produced and signed by a PE. It was a minor annoyance compared to all the other engineering work we had to submit. If I recall correctly, it was around $6K in 2014. There was no magic to it, but it wasn't something the zoning board would have accepted a generic substitution for. It had to be specific to the road we were proposing to end our driveway on. It was a one-time engagement of a traffic engineer, and none of us ever interacted with him. It wasn't a big deal.