Re: Electricity metering [was: Dear Cohousing Community
From: Ken Winter (kensunward.org)
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 12:58:49 -0800 (PST)
A couple years ago, Sunward Cohousing installed a submetering system for
our *water* bills.  We're very happy with it:  It has solved equity
problems (our households, no matter how big or thirsty, *used *to pay
equally for the collective water usage), our consumption is down by
~20%, and the web-based meter system issues automatic alerts of potential
leaks and higher-than-expected consumption.

I've been meaning to write an article on this for cohousing.org or some
such medium, but I don't know how much interest there is from other coho
communities.  Maybe I'll use this occasion to test the waters.  Is anybody
reading this interested in knowing more about the whys, whats, and hows of
submetering?

~ Ken Winter
~ Sunward Cohousing