Electricity metering
From: Katie Henry (katie-henryatt.net)
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 14:48:47 -0800 (PST)
If a solution is found that allows individual monitoring/charging without extra
money going out to the power company, please share!
---------------
My former community has a cluster of 11 units that are metered separately from
the main community. There is a main meter for the 11 units that has an account
with the power company. Each unit has a submeter that is read manually, then
the usage is calculated and the share of the monthly bill is split between the
11 units according to the meter reading.
The HOA pays the electricity bill for the main meter and then bills the unit
owners for their share of the bill. The owners pay their share in the monthly
HOA dues. (It might actually be quarterly, but same concept.)
This was all installed during construction, so I have no idea how difficult or
expensive it would be to retrofit.
Katie Henry