Re: Reserves study
From: Katie Henry (katie-henryatt.net)
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 23:01:23 -0800 (PST)
I spoke with a reserve analyst from Association Reserves a few months ago about
a reserve study for Heartwood Commons - Tulsa, which is now starting
construction. Association Reserves is a nationwide company that was recommended
to me by another cohousing community.

https://www.reservestudy.com/

I was quoted $3,200 for a full reserve study (described on their web site; they
have several levels of service). This includes travel expenses from California.
This is for a community with 36 units clustered into various plexes and a
common house.

I'd be uncomfortable living in a community that didn't have a reserve study
except possibly in the case of a community of free-standing homes maintained by
their owners and the common house being the only shared element. I'd always be
worried about a unexpected special assessment.

Katie Henry