Re: Question about accepted norms in the common space
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2021 06:50:52 -0800 (PST)
> On Jan 15, 2021, at 8:58 PM, Sharon Villines via Cohousing-L <cohousing-l
> [at] cohousing.org> wrote:

> Our cooks do make accommodations for these as well as allergies, vegan and
> veg. I don’t cook so I’m  not sure how they do it, but they do. Sometimes
> people bring a side dish for themselves so they have something that is
> definitely okay for them to eat.

I think the best example of this is how you cook for a family. Just because
Jimmy won’t eat broccoli, it doesn’t mean no one else can. But it does  mean
you might have two vegetables, one you know he likes. If you want everyone to
be on time for dinner, you need to pay attention to what everyone can love, or
have alternatives they can love.

It isn’t about making rules for the school cafeteria.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC