Re: Request from Manzanita Village in Arizona: How does your community handle members who abuse the community e-mail?
From: KAREN A CARLSON (kcarlson2wisc.edu)
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2021 10:48:41 -0800 (PST)
For us, reaching 'consensus' is a bit of a formal process.  We have a set of
cards we with green meaning we're in favor.  "Agreed to" is less formal.
Sometimes I think it's, well, sort of laziness that we 'agree to' rather than
the more formal procedure.  For example, we "agreed to" not have non-residents
in our guestrooms. This has had a big impact on some families so I think we
should have used our consensus process. Certainly ,spending money always
follows the consensus process.

kc