Re: Straw poll about condo fees
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 10:49:36 -0800 (PST)
> On Jan 16, 2021, at 9:36 AM, Patricia Lautner <lautnerp [at] gmail.com> wrote:

> If you are willing, would you please answer what is your community's
> average condo fee by sq. ft. and what you include?

We don’t have a per SF number. We have a 50% variable based on % interest and
50% equal. The % interest includes SF plus LCEs like balconies, decks,
backyards (very small), and porches.

The range for 2021 is $435.26 for a 4 bedroom with a full basement to $137 for
the smallest one bedroom with a den (600 SF?) and no basement space. The fee
includes:

Water, gas, garbage, high speed internet everywhere, pest control, sewer

We each pay our own electricity which is HVAC, hot water, lights, etc.

Approx 50% of the operating budget goes to reserves / savings.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC