Re: Today, Mon, Jan 18, last day for Sociocracy Course...
From: Fred-List manager (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 06:02:24 -0800 (PST)
Chris Terbrueggen <christopher402 [at] gmail.com>
after deleting quoted digest and restoring subject line.

I really appreciate that Diana raised the following point. " Further to
Melanie's question, there aren't "blockers" in sociocracy because there is
no process for blocking. There are what are called "objections" to
proposals, but these are concerns, not blocks, and are meant to be
resolved. In sociocracy the bias is to move forward by meeting community
goals and consenting to proposals."

There is a tendency to use closed fists to represent blockers or objectors.
However, when we look at objections through a sociocracy or consent lense,
we find that objections are a reasoned gift to help up work toward aims.
Maybe, instead of using a closed fist, It should be an opened hand.

Thanks,  Chris Terbrueggen
Linden Cohousing
Madison , WI