Is consensus holding back the cohousing movement?
From: Melanie G (gomelaniegogmail.com)
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 12:19:37 -0800 (PST)
"People need to go to therapy more and work on their shit."

Tom, I agree with every single thing you have said here, about consensus,
about this movement, everything.  I only want to add one thing, that this
"therapy" stuff is not for people to do alone.

I have been listening to Thomas Hübl's book Healing Collective Trauma, and
heartily recommend it.  Especially to folks who want to work with groups in
any way at all.

I don't think there are any flaws, period.  There are diverse experiences,
and diverse responses to them.  But what I am learning is that underneath
all that there is a giant wound that no one is immune to.  The way our
world is set up, means no one escapes trauma.

But trauma is not some cross to bear either.  If we are able to see it as
part of us, as a lesson we stuffed away or avoided (just like we do with
conflict, and possibly for the very same reasons).  It's what I have been
learning, and not necessarily an absolute truth, but I wanted to share it
here in case it might benefit others.

Thank you Tom for sharing what you shared here.  People moving away doesn't
mean we have a consensus problem.  It means they wanted something
different.  The same could happen with sociocracy, or any other systems we
implement imho.