Re: Electricity and water metering
From: Ken Winter (kensunward.org)
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2021 13:38:24 -0800 (PST)
I strongly recommend submetering.  Our experience with that is described
here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14kO0ncu6-G0W_qJKJqsjxXT9xYAotIWSXGhqTK1aF0c/edit?usp=sharing
This article is a work-in-progress; more to come when I get a chance.  If
you have corrections or questions, you can add them as comments to the
article, and I'll incorporate them into the text.

If you're doing new construction vs retrofitting (which we did),
submetering is even more desirable.  And yes it can be done for electrical
(and gas) as well as for water.

~ Hope this helps
~ Ken Winter, Sunward Cohousing, Ann Arbor MI