opportunities to learn sociocracy and NVC
From: Jerry Koch-Gonzalez (jerrysociocracyforall.org)
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2021 06:45:09 -0800 (PST)
Challenges with consensus and large group meetings? An alternative is t
make decisions by consent and to distribute decision making to smaller
groups where members can dialog instead of debate. Try sociocracy (dynamic
governance).
Here is an opportunity to learn. Sociocracy For All is very experienced in
offering online classes - we've been doing it before the pandemic already
because it's an easy and affordable way to train people all over the
country (and the world).

These are our upcoming classes that will work beautifully for cohousers:

Sociocracy beginner class online! (2x3 hours)
<https://www.sociocracyforall.org/event/beginner-class-feb2021/>
Online, participatory and engaging.
February 24+25, 5pm-8pm Eastern Time.

And good governance depends on good communication. The basic skill is
empathy. One approach is NVC. We have had an NVC practice group in our
community for many years.
Nonviolent Communication (NVC) classes (3x2 hours)
<https://www.sociocracyforall.org/event/fnvc-feb2021/>
Feb 23, March 2nd, March 9, 2-4pm Eastern time.

Jerry Koch-Gonzalez
resident, Pioneer Valley Cohousing Community
Co-Founder, Sociocracy For All

Sociocracy: Effective Egalitarian Governance.
To talk to me about sociocracy or NVC, go here:
https://talktojerry.youcanbook.me
Check out our website Sociocracy For All <http://sociocracyforall.org/> and