Laird Schaub's workshops/training
From: David Entin (davidhentingmail.com)
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 05:41:44 -0800 (PST)
I am not fully comfortable with such public discussion of Laird’s training
work, but since it is out there, I wish to add my own experiences.  I have
attended at least a half dozen of Laird’s workshops at national cohousing
conferences.  I found all of them excellent learning experiences with direct
benefit for me as an active cohousing member.  In addition, Laird has twice
come to our community, at our invitation, for half day workshops to address two
importance concerns of ours.  In both cases the training and facilitation he
offered was of considerable use to us and well appreciated by our community.
One important outcome was Laird’s encouragement that we establish a Process
Committee.  We followed his advice and that innovation has made a great
difference in the positive planning, facilitation, and effectiveness of our
regular whole community meetings (plenary, to use his term).  I have found
Laird to be a person of high integrity and honesty as well as insight and
experience with group processes.  Perhaps his direct approach to problems, as
opposed to evading or tip-toeing around problems, may be considered
“controversial” by a few, but I think he needs to be listened to.  David Entin,
Rocky Hill Cohousing