WHAT WOULD YOU DO - Cohousing Game Available
From: CJ Q (homeschoolvideogmail.com)
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 19:02:25 -0800 (PST)
Hi Listserv,

Here it is. After many eyes sore reading through over 20 years of emails on
the listserv and clicking my mouse till my wrist swelled up, I made a
game!  I don’t know why I was motivated to do it but it was nice to see how
normal our cohousing is - everyone has issues!  So, maybe this game is not
just for newcomers but all of us. (some people sent me stories but most I
got from this listserv so I kept it anonymous but it would be easy to find
some in the archives. I plan to just share it here at the listserv for that
reason also).

The game has real situations from real cohousing communities. I made it for
forming, developing, and building groups to get to know each other and what
may be up ahead.

I’m not a tech savvy person so at first I had the notes section and added a
few and then it was gone. Nothing important - just that it is all 100%
true, from the speaker who gave the example at least. I changed a few
details to make sure to keep anonymity but sometimes have direct quotes
from the original speaker.  I also gave a few answers that seemed good
advice - otherwise, this game is for you to practice communication skills
with real issues from real cohousing communities.

Send me an email and I”ll send it to you. If you don’t hear from me, remind
me in a week or so, in case I get overwhelmed with orders.  I’ll email it
to you in two parts (there were around 222 situations and google slides had
a limit).  I’ll email it to you as a power point.

Feel free to change it however you want and if you think it's better - send
me your copy and I’ll send that out next time. You can show this on a big
screen, shared screen with zoom, or print off as game cards that’s why I
tried to use black and white as much as possible. I didn’t ask permission
for the photos or artwork so don’t sell this! I was trying to be funny with
my pics and titles, so please don’t take offense.

One community member has good advice “I would suggest that we all have a
tendency to say what we think is right, or what we want to believe, or what
we think we ought to believe, when in fact we don¹t act on these same
principals.  And since we behave in ways different from what we claim,
those discussions and decisions taken before moving in need to be tempered
with a review of actual behavior after moving in.”

Remember there are no right answers. Just discuss your thoughts and get to
know each other.

And, please, if you are meeting on zoom and wouldn’t mind me being a fly on
the wall I’d love to see the game in action. I could even be your game show
host if you like.

Thanks,

Carol

Order at