Re: 3rd party payment platforms
From: R Philip Dowds (rphilipdowdsme.com)
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 07:26:02 -0800 (PST)
On a personal note … I know absolutely nothing about BitPal, VenPay, AppleeMo,
etc.  Maybe I’m missing something important, but my personal checking account
debit card seems to work extremely well under all circumstances, including
foreign travel.

But at Cornerstone, the system we use is a conventional ACH (“Automated
Clearing House”) pull provided at no incremental cost by our association bank.
From those who want to make paying dues “automatic”, our Treasurer obtains a
written permission with some critical information.  Then, at the beginning of
each month, s/he pulls the authorized dues amount by manually triggering an ACH
transfer from the member’s bank account to our bank account.  About 2/3rds of
our households are signed up for this, and one-third sticks with paper checks.
Over the many years, we’ve never had an issue with this system.

Thanks from the old school,
Philip Dowds
Cornerstone Village Cohousing
Cambridge, MA 02140