Shared Homeownership
From: Mac Thomson (macthomsonmac.com)
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 15:37:19 -0800 (PST)
As our Phase 2 of 14 homes draws nearer to becoming a reality, we are
considering possibilities for building what we call a pod house, which is a
home designed for multiple independent adults each having their own bedroom and
bathroom suite, but sharing a kitchen, living room, and perhaps other living
spaces.

In the little research that I’ve done, it looks like obtaining a mortgage for a
shared ownership home might be challenging. I’m wondering if any other
communities have shared ownership homes and how they were able to obtain a
mortgage.

If your community has a shared ownership home, I’d appreciate being put in
touch with the owners.

Thanks,
Mac

--
Mac Thomson

Heartwood Cohousing
Southwest Colorado
http://www.heartwoodcohousing.com

"A jury consists of twelve persons chosen to decide who has the best lawyer."
         - Robert Frost